AFEELA Prototype Arrives in Japan for the First Time
To be Presented to the Public at “JAPAN MOBILITY SHOW 2023”
Sony Honda Mobility Inc. (SHM) held a special “Meet AFEELA” event on October 17 at Toranomon Hills Station Tower TOKYO NODE HALL to show the AFEELA Prototype for the first time in Japan prior to its public presentation.
Representative Director, President and COO Izumi Kawanishi took the stage to present his vision for AFEELA Co-Creation Program (tentative name) as an open mobility development environment, and held a dialogue with creators and partners.
SHM will be exhibiting for the first time at “JAPAN MOBILITY SHOW 2023,” which starts on October 26, where it will present the AFEELA Prototype to the public for the first time in Japan.
The content of the “Meet AFEELA” speech and an outline of the “JAPAN MOBILITY SHOW 2023” exhibit are provided below.
- With AFEELA, we have defined the values we want to provide to users as “3A,” an acronym for Autonomy, Augmentation, and Affinity.
- We will nurture AFEELA as mobility with intelligence. In addition, we will pursue new possibilities on top of conventional car values, so that mobility can become a unique and endearing presence for users.
- The key to continuously evolving to meet user preferences is Affinity: an initiative through the collaborative efforts of a diverse inspiration and the establishment of environments that enables this. As part of the Co-Creation Program (tentative name), rather than keeping the knowledge closed inhouse , we will provide an environment where creators and developers around the world can freely develop applications and services that run on AFEELA, as well as a digital platform for co-creation and the expression of creativity.
- More details on the Co-Creation Program (tentative name) will be announced at a later date. Together with not only users but also creators and developers, we will share the creative community in Japan with the world.
Outline of AFEELA Co-Creation Program (tentative name)
We will nurture AFEELA as mobility with intelligence. In addition, we will pursue new possibilities on top of conventional car values, so that mobility can become a unique and endearing presence for users. Rather than rely solely on keeping the knowledge closed inhouse, we will provide an environment where creators and developers around the world can freely develop applications and services that run on AFEELA, as well as a digital platform for co-creation and the expression of creativity.
- Items can be created/developed (planed)
- Contents of Media Bar
- Themes on panoramic screens
- e Motor sound
- Additional information on maps
- Any application
- Information is provided on UI components that are frequently visible to the user. The exterior Media Bar and the dashboard – a panoramic screen on the front – have changing themes, the eMotor sound is generated while driving, unique additional information is superimposed on maps in the navigation app, and the environment allows the flexible development of apps and services. Android OS will be used as the operating environment for apps.
- Disclosure information (planned)
- Disclosure of vehicle data and driving data
- Cloud API*1 integration
- To achieve more unique services, AFEELA vehicle data, driving data, and other information that can be disclosed are provided in a secure manner. Cloud APIs will be provided to facilitate server-to-server connection via the cloud. We can also consider a wide variety of applications that match the user’s lifestyle, from entertainment to things that are useful for daily life.
SHM would like to explore the relationship between people and mobility in a broad, deep, and open way. We want to promote an open development environment for the free expression of digital gadgets so that users will become endeared to AFEELA. We hope that this initiative will bring about changes in mobility, evolving into a service that connects mobility and society. Together with not only users but also creators and developers, SHM will share this creative community with the world.
*1 API: Application Programming Interface
Outline of Exhibit at “JAPAN MOBILITY SHOW 2023“
SHM will exhibit the AFEELA Prototype at “JAPAN MOBILITY SHOW 2023.
AFEELA Prototype (Japan Premiere)
The AFEELA Prototype, which was unveiled at CES® 2023 in January 2023, will be exhibited to the public in Japan for the first time. SHM will develop the production model based on this prototype, which proposes a new relationship between people and mobility. , SHM plans to start taking pre-orders are planned to begin in the first half of 2025, sales by the end of 2025, and delivery from spring in 2026 in North America and by the end of 2026 in Japan.
Overview of JAPAN MOBILITY SHOW 2023
- Organized by: Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, Inc.
- Schedule: Press Days: October 25-26, Special Invitation Day: October 27, General Public Days: October 28-November 5
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Venue: Tokyo Big Sight (East Halls 4, 5 and 6)
- JAPAN MOBILITY SHOW 2023 WEB SITE: https://www.japan-mobility-show.com/
As a Mobility Tech Company that connects diverse inspirations and pursues cutting-edge technology, Sony Honda Mobility Inc. will realize innovations in mobility that affect people’s sensibilities and behavior.
This information is current at the time of publication. They are subject to change and/or additional features, depending on a variety of conditions without prior notice.